SportAccord has revealed City of London, Marsh, OnePlan, Sociedad Peruana de Derecho Deportivo and Sport Event Denmark as Partners of the fully virtual International Federation (IF) Forum 2021 on Tuesday, 25 May.
The Olympic Capital of Lausanne and the Canton de Vaud in Switzerland are also supporting the virtual gathering as Host City Partners, with more than 300 leaders from over 125 IFs set to take part in the event.
“Our Partners recognise the importance of the IF Forum for the global sports movement, given that the focus is on learning how sport and society can emerge stronger from a global crisis,” said Nis Hatt, Managing Director of SportAccord, which organises the IF Forum. “We are excited to hear from experts from across the worldwide sporting landscape and give participants the opportunity to network and exchange best practice strategies on a range of vital issues via our dynamic virtual platform.”
The IF Forum 2021 Partners are as follows:
- City of London, governed by the City of London Corporation, is the business and financial district – often referred to as the Square Mile – at the heart of London.
- Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, helping clients to better quantify and manage risk to survive and thrive.
- OnePlan is a collaborative, real-time platform that provides a full suite of event planning, design and management tools.
- Sociedad Peruana de Derecho Deportivo is a non-profit institution dedicated to integrating the sport component into Peruvian development policies.
- Sport Event Denmark is the national Danish sports event organisation with the main objective of attracting and hosting major international events.
- Lausanne and the Canton de Vaud are home to over 55 international sports organisations, including the International Olympic Committee (IOC), a vast number of IFs, the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the International Academy of Sports Science and Technology, and various businesses offering services in sport.
The 15th edition of the invitation-only IF Forum will feature the perspectives of numerous experts, including representatives of the IOC, umbrella sports associations, IFs and sports industry executives.
Several high-level speakers have been confirmed for the event, including IOC President Thomas Bach; Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization; H.E. Ban Ki-moon, the 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations and the Chair of the IOC Ethics Commission; and Dr. Raffaele Chiulli, President of SportAccord and the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF).
The virtual sessions will delve into a series of timely and relevant topics, including ‘Moving Forward, Pivoting and the Lessons We Are Learning’, ‘A Return to Competition and Lessons from the Bubble’, ‘Athlete Mental Health’, ‘Commercial Approaches for IFs in the New Normal’ and ‘The Virtual Experience and its Home within IFs’.
Immediately after the closing remarks of the IF Forum, a #SA2021 Virtual Launch Celebration will take place via the same platform for the SportAccord World Sport & Business Summit 2021, less than six months before the event in Ekaterinburg, Russia, from 7-12 November.
For further information about the IF Forum 2021, click here or download the brochure here, and you can additionally follow SportAccord’s portfolio of events on Twitter @sportaccord or via LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTub